Thu, Sep 22|
Coaching Skills for Managers & Team Leaders
This programme is aimed at equipping Team Managers with the foundational skills to support their team achieving their shared purpose.
Time & Location
Sep 22, 2022, 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM GMT+1
About the event
In today’s world many of our leaders of change are provided with the tools and processes to ensure the required outcome is delivered.
However with diverse teams located across the globe – most time is spent on defining WHAT the work is, while little or no support is given to the manager in developing the team and HOW they are going to work together most effectively.
This can result in poor team engagement, misunderstandings, conflict and failure to deliver.
This practical two and a half day programme will give Team Managers and Leaders a good foundation of the skills and techniques to accelerate the delivery of great results and develop the team’s engagement and agility.
This course spreads modules over five half days giving participants opportunities to implement their learning in practice.Learning Outcomes
- Participants will be able to apply the following:
- Best practice in team development and choosing appropriate styles of leadership
- Coaching the team as an entity
- Understanding the conditions required for successful collaboration and teamwork
- Clarifying of goals and outcomes required of individuals and team
- Ensuring that individual and team values are aligned to achieve desired goals
- Building on individual and combined strengths within the team
- Ensure results are achieved through collaboration and constructive conflict
Online programme over 5 mornings :
- 18/19 May
- 22/23 June
- 22 September 2022
9.30am - 1pm (Ireland Time)Programme Content
Includes Team Coaching scenarios and practice throughout and opportunities to implement in between.Part 1a
- Coaching Foundations
- Role of Manager / Leader
- Key Competencies for coaches
- Active Listening
- Goal Setting/GROW model
- Individual & team coaching practice
- Team Development principles
- - Team or Group?
- Role of Team Coach
- Creating the Contract – with Coaching Manager and Team
- Team Social Contract & Charter
- Who is the team?
- Aligning Values – essential in diverse, multicultural and geographically dispersed locations.
- Leadership styles and situational leadership
- Clarifying Goals
- Playing to Strengths
- Roles within team
- Creating Cohesion & Trust
- Virtual and Hybrid Teams
- Reflect on progress
- Relationships and Team Dynamics
- Systemic Team Coaching & Mapping
- Harnessing Conflict
- Delivering Results
Liz Barron, ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC)
Anne Tannam, ICF Professional Certified Coach (PCC)